Outlook: Add another person's mailbox to your BPOS profile
If you frequently work with someone else's BPOS folders, you probably will want to add the other person's BPOS mailbox to your Outlook profile. Doing so will automatically open the other person's mailbox every time that you open Outlook. The other mailbox appears in the Navigation Pane underneath your BPOS mailbox folders.
NOTE: The person who is sharing a mailbox must grant you Folder Visible permission on the root folder of the BPOS mailbox The shared mailbox usually appears as Mailbox - user name.
Instructions for granting Folder Visible permission
As the manager, do the following in Outlook:
- Right-click the root folder of the BPOS mailbox, and then click Folder Permissions.
The shared mailbox usually appears as Mailbox - user name.
- Click the name of the delegate.
- Under Permissions, under Other, select the Folder Visible check box.
- Click OK.
As the Delegate, do the following in Outlook to view another user’s mailbox in your profile:
- Click the File tab.
- Click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, in the list, click the BPOS account type, then click Change and then click More Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, under Open these additional mailboxes, click Add, and then enter the mailbox name of the person whose mailbox you want to add to your user profile. If you do not know the mailbox name, ask the person who granted you Delegate Access permissions.