Office of Institutional Research
September 6, 2006
The Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI) constructed by Noel-Levitz is a nationally normed, standardized instrument
which was administered to all UND students in Spring 2006. This is the third time that UND has participated in SSI
and also the first time UND has participated in the Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL). A significant amount
of information is generated through 3 different scores for each item along with the computed 12 composite scales for
institutional decision makers.
Importance score ratings reflect how strongly UND students feel about their expectations. The top 5 items in order of
- The instruction in my major field is excellent. (the most important item)
- The content of the courses within my major is valuable.
- I am able to register for the classes I need with few conflicts.
- Nearly all of the faculty are knowledgeable in their field.
- The quality of instruction I receive in most of my classes is excellent.