What Is Read&Write Gold?
It’s software that assists the user with college reading and writing, and it’s FREE to all UND students, faculty and staff.
- Reads aloud documents, PDFs, email and internet material;
- Highlights words as it reads and pronounces unfamiliar words;
- Has a talking spellchecker, talking dictionary and word prediction;
- Has easy to use research and organizing tools;
- Converts the user’s spoken words to text via dictation;
- Easily creates MP3 files;
- Scans documents created in MS Word and other major word processing programs for easy editing and reading;
- Works with both PC and Mac applications.
- Converts PDF’s to Word documents
Where Can I Get a Free Copy of the Software?
- Stop by the UND Tech Service Desk located on Third Floor of the Union or
- Request a copy by emailing: UND.techsupport@UND.edu;
- Distance Students will be sent a CD by the Tech Service;
- Download it from the Blackboard Faculty Resource site. This option takes about 20 minutes on a high-speed connection.
Where Can I Get Training on Using the Program?
- Read&Write Gold has video tutorials. Click the black down arrow beside each icon and find the 1-3 minute training video at the bottom of the list.
- Atomic Learning at: https://www.atomiclearning.com/login/und also has short, easy-to-understand video tutorials.