THE STUDENT’S PROCEDURE for CLASS NOTES
- To determine if you need notes, attend several lectures first. If the professor posts the power points
on Blackboard or you can copy your friend’s notes, you may not need an accommodation.
- Contact your disability specialist if you need a note taker or the power points sent to you before
the lecture is given. Once students are familiar with the request process, they will have the option
of requesting their notes online.
- DSS will notify the professor of your request.
- Students will need to provide DSS with their preferred email address on the Class Notes Request
form. Typically, notes will be sent to the student by email.
- If you have not received notes in a week after making your request, contact the DSS receptionist
- The goal is to provide notes within 24 hours of the class period with one exception: When tests
are scheduled the day after a weekend or a holiday, notes will be sent before that weekend or
- If you drop the class or no longer need notes, notify DSS immediately so the accommodation can be
- Notify DSS immediately if a problem occurs. DSS will not support a request for changing a test
or assignment due date, if the problem was not reported in a timely fashion.
For information about DSS and other disability topics, see the DSS Home Page: