Contacting the Crisis CoordinatioN Team
Week days between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Call the Dean of Students Office at (701) 777-2664.
During weekends, evenings, or University holidays:
Call (701) 777-3491. Your call may be answered through the Grand Forks County law enforcement dispatch desk. Please advise the officer you wish to speak to a UND Crisis Coordination Team member.
Who May Call and Request the Crisis Coordination Team be Activated?
- Family members seeking special assistance for a student
What can you expect?
- When a Crisis Team member is contacted about a student's well-being, that student will be contacted by a Dean of Students or University Housing staff member.
- ALTRU hospital typically contacts a Community Violence Intervention Center(CVIC) volunteer when the emergency room staff suspect violence, including sexual violence.
- When UND staff have information about a student who is under the age of 21 having a medical emergency, including an overdose of alcohol or other drugs, the parent(s) will be called.
Types of Crisis Calls
- Suicidal Ideation
- Sexual Assault
- Physical Assault
- Domestic Disturbance
- Notification of the death of a family member
- Phone Harassment
- Car Accident
- Alcohol/Drug Overdose
- Natural Disaster
- Events that prevent students form performing at their best