FAQs for hospitalized students
WHEN I AM HOSPITALIZED, WHOM SHOULD I CONTACT AT UND?
- As soon as possible, you or a relative should notify your instructors and the Dean of Students Office (777-2664).
WHAT ABOUT MY CLASSES?
- You should contact your instructors concerning your course work as soon as you are able.
- If your condition prohibits you from contacting your instructors, you may contact the Dean of Students Office and a representative from this office will notify your instructors of your absence. Although this does not represent an excused absence, it does serve as a courtesy notice to your instructors.
WHAT IF I WILL BE OUT OF SCHOOL FOR AN EXTENDED LENGTH OF TIME?
- If you will be out of school for an extended length of time, you should contact your professors and your advisor to discuss the most appropriate option in handling course work. Your communication with the Dean of Students Office may be useful at this time.
SHOULD I DO ANYTHING ONCE I RETURN TO SCHOOL?
- Once you return to school, it is recommended that you make personal contact with your instructors to make sure everything is taken care of regarding your course work, etc.
WHAT IF I NEED TO WITHDRAW FROM SCHOOL?
- If it becomes necessary to withdraw from school, you will need to contact the Registrar’s Office (777-2711) if the withdrawal time is before the last day to withdraw, or contact the Dean of Students Office if it is after the last day to withdraw.
- If you live in UND housing, receive financial aid, or are involved with a special program (e.g., McNair Program, Native American Program, Veteran Services), you should contact the appropriate office to find out how withdrawing may impact your student status.
- In all situations, you should contact your academic advisor to determine the impact of withdrawal on your academic status.
IS THERE SUCH A THING AS A MEDICAL WITHDRAWAL OR A MEDICAL LEAVE OF ABSENCE?
- No. You need to follow the withdrawal process as previously described.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the Dean of Students Office (777-2664) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday or stop by 180 McCannel Hall. If you are not able to make personal contact with the Dean of Students Office, please arrange for someone to represent you.