Choose music that:
- is well-crafted
- exhibits a range of "listener-accessibility" and audience appeal
- includes a range of musical and technical difficulty levels
- challenges, yet does not discourage the players
- reflects the learning that has taken place in your rehearsals
- varies according to style period, form, genre, tempo and mood (i.e., unless, the concert has a central theme)
A Good Rule of Thumb
A short, well-played concert is always better than a long, less-polished one.
Sample Concert Programs
Do you have some helpful hints about choosing music for concerts?
Write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org