WELCOME TO THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICE
Twamley Hall Room 101, 264 Centennial Drive, Stop 7097, Grand Forks, ND 58202-7097, Phone: Voice/TDD (701) 777-4171 Fax (701) 777-2077.
The Affirmative Action Office (AAO) is responsible for oversight of the University's equal opportunity and Affirmative Action program and for receiving complaints of discrimination or harassment under the following federal regulations:
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (sex/gender discrimination)
- Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (race, national origin, religious discrimination)
- Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (age discrimination)
- Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1991 (disability discrimination)
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
- Family Rights and Privacy (educational privacy)
- Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended.